The Thunder Prayer is what millions of Muslims want to repeat at the present time. In light of following weather news now, and throughout the fall and winter seasons, there are increasing chances of thunder clouds and rain falling in different parts of the country, and these are natural phenomena that Muslims deal with by repeating. the rain prayer The supplication for thunder and the supplication for lightning, in following the approach of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, and following in his footsteps and Sunnah.
In light of the rain of thunder, it is recommended to say the disease of thunder, which is mentioned in the book Hisn al-Muslim in this established formula from the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, “Glory be to Him whom thunder glorifies with His praise and the angels from His fear. O God, do not destroy us with your anger and have mercy on us with your mercy, O Most Merciful of the Merciful.” The verses about thunder were mentioned in Surat Al-Ra’ad in the words of God Almighty:
“It is He who shows you the lightning for fear and hope, and raises the heavy clouds, and thunder glorifies Him with His praise, and the angels praise Him out of fear, and sends the thunderbolts and strikes them.” Whomever He wills, they dispute about God, and He is severe in resistance.” God Almighty has spoken the truth.
It has been authenticated on the authority of Abdullah bin Al-Zubair, may God be pleased with him, and it was authenticated that if he heard the sound of thunder, he would abandon the hadith and say: Glory be to Him whom thunder praises and the angels glorify in fear of Him. Then he would say: This is a severe threat to the people of the earth. Narrated by Al-Bukhari.
The meaning of the thunder supplication is evident in fear, apprehension, and supplication to God Almighty when hearing the sound of thunder. The Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, urged supplication upon hearing the sound of thunder for fear of the fears resulting from it, as the heart is calmed by supplication and does not care about fears, and the intent of the thunder supplication according to the jurists is, It is a reason for praising God, and the angels are attached to praising God because they glorify God out of their fear of Him, Glory be to Him.
- O God, even if You sent the meninges as a vengeance for Your anger against us, we seek refuge in You from Your oppression, because there is no escape from You except in You, and we supplicate to You in requesting Your forgiveness for our sins.
- Oh God, by Your glory and majesty, I will not leave Your door until You show me the sign of Your satisfaction. I have no god other than You to call upon, and no God to hope for other than You. Oh God, do not destroy us with Your torment, and forgive us our sins.
- O God, O Lord, O Ever-Living, O Ever-Living, O Possessor of Majesty and Honour, I ask You in Your great and greatest name to grant me an ample, lawful and good provision, by Your mercy, O Most Merciful of the Merciful.
- Oh God, grant us a lawful, good and blessed livelihood as you love and are satisfied, O Lord of the worlds. God is sufficient for us. God will bestow upon us His bounty. Indeed, to God we are willing.
- Oh God, if my provision is in the sky, then send it down, and if it is on the earth, then bring it out, and if it is far away, then bring it closer, and if it is near, then make it easier, and if it is little, then increase it, and if it is much, then bless it for me.
- Praise be to God, who never forgets to mention Him. Praise be to God, who never disappoints in His hope. Praise be to God, whoever trusts in Him is sufficient for Him. Praise be to God, whoever trusts in Him does not entrust him to anyone else.
- Praise be to God, who is our trust when our suspicions of our actions become bad. Praise be to God, who is our hope when the tricks and ropes are cut off from us.
- O Most Generous, O God, O Most Merciful, O Knowing of secrets, consciences, obsessions, and thoughts, nothing escapes You. I ask You for an abundance of Your bounty.
- Oh God, in your hand is the whole matter and the reins of everything, so grant us what pleases our eyes, and spares us the need to ask anyone else, for you are vast in generosity, O Generous, O Merciful.
What do we say when we hear the sound of thunder?
For everyone who wonders, what do we say when we hear the sound of thunder? It is reported from the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, that he said, “Glory be to Him whom thunder glorifies with His praise, and the angels who fear Him,” while there is no supplication called the lightning supplication, and because lightning and thunder are linked to each other, it is Sunnah for a Muslim to repeat it. Supplication of thunder as soon as you hear it, and turning to God with humility and humility, recalling His greatness and His measures in His vast universe.
- O God, grant me useful knowledge, ample sustenance, and a cure from every disease and sickness, O You who provide for whomever You wish without reckoning, Most Merciful of this world and the hereafter, and Most Merciful of them. O God, have mercy on me with a mercy that enriches me with it from anyone but You.
- My God, I pray to You as the supplication of one whose poverty has become severe, his strength has weakened, and his resourcefulness has diminished, the supplication of a distressed, miserable, and poor drowning person who has no one to uncover the sins he is in except You.
- O Remover of stumbling blocks, O Judge of needs, fulfill my needs, relieve my distress, and provide for me from where I do not expect. Oh God, grant me an ample, lawful and good provision without hardship, and answer my prayers without reply.
- O God, I seek refuge in You from poverty and debt. O God, O Provider of the beggars, O Merciful of the poor, O Possessor of strength and strength, O Best of helpers, O Protector of the believers, O Relief of those seeking help, You we worship and You we seek help.
Prayer for thunder and lightning, Glory be to God
The supplication for thunder with the wording “Glory be to Him whom thunder glorifies with His praise and the angels for His fear” is the wording that corresponds to the Holy Qur’an in the noble verse “And the thunder glorifies His praise and the angels for His fear and He sends the thunderbolts and strikes with them whom He wills,” while the supplication Thunder and lightning are glorified and holy, the scholars have not found any authentic chain of transmission on them. Rather, this supplication was the supplication of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, in his bowing and prostration.
Imam Muslim narrated in his Sahih from the hadith of Aisha, may God be pleased with her: that the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, used to say in his bowing and prostration: “Glory be to Him, Holy, Lord of the angels and the spirit.” The meaning of “Glory” is one who is freed from shortcomings, associates, and everything that does not befit divinity. “Holy” is the one who is purified from everything that does not befit the Creator, and despite the beauty of this supplication, it is not said within the supplication of thunder.
the rain prayer
As for the fixed supplication for rain in the writer Hisn al-Muslim, when rain is seen, the Muslim says, “Oh God, give us a beneficial rain,” and the rain is heavy rain, and it is said, O Allah, give us a beneficial rain, because the rain may be a lot, but you will not benefit from it. Imam Muslim narrated in his Sahih from the hadith of Abu Hurairah. The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said: “It is not the Sunnah that it does not rain, but the Sunnah is that it rains, and it rains, and the earth does not grow anything,” and the Sunnah that is meant in the hadith is severe drought.
Among the supplications for rain is also the word “Oh God, have a good rain,” which is the supplication of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, when the rain falls, according to a narration by Ahmad and Ibn Majah. What is meant by “blessed” is that it is beneficial, compatible with the purpose, without harm or fatigue, and after the rain falls, it is Sunnah for the person to say, “Our rain.” By God’s grace and mercy.”
Among the recommended things that a Muslim should do when the rain falls, other than praying for rain, is to uncover part of his body so that the rain may hit it, for it is a blessing, as God Almighty said in His Mighty Book: “And We send down blessed water from the sky and cause to grow therewith gardens and grains of harvest,” and Imam Muslim narrated in his Sahih from The hadith of Anas said: We were struck by rain while we were with the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace. He said: So the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, lowered his garment until the rain hit it, so we said: O Messenger of God, why did you do this? He said: Because it is a hadith of a covenant with his Lord Almighty.
The supplication for heavy rain that people fear came from the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, in this form: “O God, around us, and not against us, O God, on the hills, mountains, groves, valleys, and treetops,” “O God, I ask you to See it, and the best that is in it, and the best with which it was sent, and I seek refuge Protect you from its evil, the evil of what is in it, and the evil of what it was sent with.”
Prayers for rain
- O God, around us and not against us, O God, on the hills, the valleys, the bottoms of the valleys, and the treetops
- O God, grant us a beneficial rain. O God, forgive us, have mercy on us, be pleased with us, and forgive us, and accept from us and pardon us.
- Oh God, send down your mercy upon us, and make us among the people of Paradise, O Lord, and grant us victory, O Lord of the worlds.
- Oh God, grant us a great victory, grant us sincerity, grant victory to Islam, and honor the Muslims.
- Oh God, protect us, protect us, have mercy on us, do not afflict us, and grant us many of your bounties, O Lord of the Worlds.
- O God, grant us mercy, not torment, calamity, destruction, or drowning.
- Oh God, purify my heart, expand my chest, make me happy, accept my prayers and all my obedience, answer my supplications, and reveal my distress, delusion, and unconsciousness.
- O Lord, forgive my sins, rectify my situation, put off my sadness, make my face white, and make Al-Rayyan my door, Al-Firdaws my reward, and Al-Kawthar my drink, and grant me a share in what I love.
- Oh God, give us rain, relief, soreness, beneficial, and harmless.
Are supplications answered during times of thunder and lightning?
As soon as they hear the sound of thunder and the rain falls, Muslims begin to ask questions related to the response to prayers, such as: Is supplication answered at the time of thunder and lightning? The Egyptian Fatwa House explained that the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, used to ask forgiveness from his Lord when he heard the sound of thunder, and it was narrated on the authority of Lady Aisha when it became intense. The wind was blowing and he, peace and blessings be upon him, was coming and going, and he was in a state of fear, and he was praying to his Lord.
Therefore, it is desirable to show fear of lightning, thunder, and all of God’s cosmic signs. It is also desirable in those times to turn to God with remembrance, supplication, and forgiveness. A supplication when rain falls is an answered supplication. It was reported from the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, “that if he saw clouds approaching from one of the horizons, He left what he was in, even if he was in his prayer, until he faced it and said: O God, we seek refuge in You from the evil with which we were sent. If it rained, he said: O God, a beneficial rainstorm twice or three times. If God uncovered it and it did not rain, thank God for that. “.
In the hadith of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, he said: “Ask for supplication to be answered when armies meet, prayer is established, and rain descends.” On the authority of Sahl bin Saad al-Sa’idi, may God be pleased with him, he said: The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said: “There are two things that will not be rejected: supplication.” At the time of the call, and in the rain.” Therefore, it is recommended to pray a lot during times of thunder, lightning, and rain.
Prayers for lightning and thunder
- Oh God, I am your servant and I am waiting for joy from you soon that will comfort my heart and bring tears to my eyes, so give me good tidings, and I ask you for healing, so grant me well-being, and for your mercy, so have mercy on me, and peace of mind and freedom from hell.
- My Lord, I ask You by Your glory, greatness, and majesty to make my hour come while I prostrate before You and my heart beats out of fear of You. Oh God, purify me of all my sins and then take me to You.
- Oh God, I ask you, by your glory, your greatness, and your majesty, to grant me my wishes and the wishes of everyone I love, and not to break my back, not to make a need difficult for me, not to make a matter too big for me, and not to stoop my stature.
- Oh God, do not make my calamity a burden on my religion, do not make this world my greatest concern, and do not reveal to me a veil or a secret. If I disobey You openly, forgive me, and if I disobey You secretly, cover me, and do not make my affliction in my body.
- Oh God, make it a rain of goodness and blessings. Oh God, do not kill us with your anger, and do not destroy us with your torment, and heal us before that. Glory be to Him who praises the thunder and whose fear the angels glorify.
- O God, Lord of the seven heavens, Lord of the earth, Lord of the Great Throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, the Creator of love, the intentions, and the Revealer of the Torah, the Gospel, and the Criterion. I seek refuge in You from the evil of everything, whose forelock you hold.
- Oh God, You are the First and there is nothing before You, and You are the Last and there is nothing after You, and You are the Manifest and there is nothing above You, and You are the Hidden and there is nothing below You. Pay off our debt and enrich us from poverty.
The post first appeared on www.cairo24.com