Since his arrival to Barcelona in October 2021, the “Blaugrana” coach, Xavi Hernandez, has paid extraordinary attention to the talents present in the “Catalan” club’s La Masia Academy.
Perhaps a pleasant surprise for Barça fans, which indicates Xavi’s interest in young players, is the emergence of the star of the player, Al-Amin Jamal (16 years old), who participated in all the first team’s matches in the current season 2023-2024, in addition to his recent call-up to the ranks of the Spanish senior national team and his appearance in two matches against Georgia and Cyprus in European Cup qualifiers (Euro 2024).
Xavi is always keen to summon talented players from La Masia in order to train with the first team in an attempt to inject new and young blood into “Barca”, including Mark Casado and Alex Garrido.
🔵🔴🔝 Welcome to Lamine Yamal, Xavi does not have many talents from the Masia that is related to much of the world.
👍🔜 Garrido and Casadó ya han debuted in the primer in the Barça area in the world where he is next month.
✍ @martinezferran https://t.co/mDt1UIEI1s
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) September 13, 2023
The newspaper “Mundo Deportivo” reported that the brilliance of Al-Amin Gamal, in addition to the talent of Casado and Garrido, all prove that “La Masia” is an inexhaustible treasure, as it includes many young and young players who dream of wearing the shirt of the Barcelona first team, regardless of their age.
In addition to Jamal, Casado and Garrido, there is the German of Iraqi origin, Noah Darwish (16 years old), who is Barcelona’s latest signing to strengthen the youth ranks. He shone with his former team Freiburg and appeared with the German national team in the European Under-17 Cup, and since his arrival at La Masia on August 8/ August 2023 raised expectations greatly with the birth of a new talent in the “Catalan” club.
Here are the most prominent talents that Xavi Hernandez is monitoring at “La Masia”:
- Gil Fernandez (15 years old): He plays in midfield and has great skill. He is the great jewel in La Masia after Al-Amin Gamal, and his agent is Jorge Mendes, who is known for his strong relationship with President Joan Laporta.
- Tony Fernandez (15 years old): A high-class striker who is proficient in playing with the left foot, he is Gil Fernandez’s cousin.
- Pau Kuparsi (16 years old): He plays in the heart of defense and has great potential, and he may reserve a place in the first team soon. He was a happy surprise for Xavi because of his leadership personality and high technical abilities, and he has already been called up to Barcelona’s senior list in “La Liga” in the 2023-2024 season.
- Michael Fay (19 years old): A central defender from Senegal. He plays on the left foot and is characterized by tremendous physical strength. He won the admiration of Xavi in the preparation for the current season, and he is expected to develop further under the leadership of coach Rafa Marquez in order to prepare him for the senior team.
- Marc Bernal (16 years old): The future of Barcelona’s midfield, he is distinguished by his high physical fitness and great height, as he reaches 190 centimetres.
- Paul Brehm (17 years old): A new talented player in Barcelona’s midfield, whom Xavi loves very much. He played the “Blaugrana” friendly match against Japan’s Vissel Kobe at the end of last season 2022-2023, but now he is focusing on his appearance with the reserve team.
- Hector Forte (17 years old): He joined the Spanish national team in all age groups up to his age and possessed distinguished skills. Xavi called him to train with Barcelona’s first team.
- Dani Rodriguez (18 years old): He plays on the right side, and is characterized by very fast starts, and his technical quality attracted the attention of Barcelona officials to him.
- Neil Vicens (15 years old): A young player who arrived in Barcelona from his neighbor Girona. He occupies the midfield position, and his skills were discovered with amateur teams. Barcelona sees him as the future of the team, and he is the brother of Viel Vicens, a youth team player.
- Marc Goyo (17 years old): He plays in the attacking midfield. He participated alongside Al-Amin Jamal with the Spanish national team in the European Under-17 Cup, and Xavi played him in the friendly match against Vissel Kobe of Japan last June.
- Unai Hernandez (18 years old): He rose from the youth team to the reserve team in the new season, and he is a player with speed, passing accuracy, getting the ball out of tight spaces smoothly and freeing his team from pressure.
- Diego Cochin (17 years old): He is the best goalkeeper in La Masia currently, and it is possible that he will appear with the first team this season by taking advantage of the departure of Arnau Tinas, the goalkeeper born in Miami, USA. He is 190 centimeters tall. He needs experience and continued growth in order to take over as Barcelona’s goalkeeper in the future, especially since he is skilled at playing. With feet.
- Juan Hernandez (16 years old): One of the most promising attacking wingers, not only for Barcelona’s future but also in the world, he is distinguished by his ability to penetrate rivals’ defenses from the outside to the inside.
- Oscar Guestau (15 years old): He is one of the strong talents coming from La Masia. He has already had the opportunity to train with the first team. His level is considered to be higher than those of his generation, and despite his young age, he participated a few days ago in one of Barcelona’s Under-19 matches.
- Pedro Fernandez (15 years old): He prefers to play in the attacking midfield position, but he can occupy the wing position and also be between the lines. He arrived at La Masia last year, and his role model is Gavi.