New night of tension in Madrid. After the agreement reached between the PSOE and Junts per Catalunya for the investiture of Pedro Sánchezthe protests in Ferraz have gone one step further and have reached a new dimension, with new disturbances between police and protesters at the socialist headquarters. Around 10:00 p.m., the prevailing calm disappeared due to a climate of tension after the launching of firecrackers and flares to the security forces, who half an hour later led to the first police charges. At least 14 people have been arrested during police action.
A protest that has brought together thousands of people at the confluence of Ferraz with Marqués de Urquijo, main scene of the mobilizations the last days. Among them, the leader of Vox, Santiago Abascal, who did not want to miss the event. Government Delegation The number of attendees was estimated at 8,000. to the protest.
Once this morning’s agreement was known, the response from numerous institutions was immediate. On the one hand, the Professional Association of the Superior Corps of State Treasury Inspectors (IHE) This Thursday he expressed his “frontal and absolute” rejection of the agreements, where “it is glimpsed so clear and evident the breakdown of the current constitutional regimein several subjects, among which is financial matters”.
Furthermore, the four judicial associations, have signed a joint statement where they show their “rejection” for the references to “lawfare or judicialization of politics” which appears included in the agreement signed between both parties. Furthermore, consider take “responsibility actions” against those responsible for them, considering that “there is an obvious risk of breaking democracy”. Likewise, the CEOE has called a emergency meeting due to their “serious concern” for the PSOE-Junts pact
On the other hand, the president of the Community of Madrid, in a institutional statement After the agreement came to light, he has denounced that it is a “blank check” for the independentists. For her part, the general secretary of the PP, Cuca Gamarra, He assured that today “is a sad day for Spain and, above all, for constitutionalists” since, in his opinion, the agreement between the PSOE and Junts “marks a before and after in Spanish democracy, “why “amnesty means delegitimizing democracy.”
The political document includes the opening of a negotiation throughout these years, in which the party of Carles Puigdemont proposes holding a referendum and the transfer of 100% of taxes that are paid in Catalonia, regardless of the approval of the amnesty law, with a practically total scope. The first meeting to address the consultation and the Catalan tax quota will occur this month November and will have an international verifier.
The keys of the moment:
- New night of tension and protests in front of the socialist headquarters in Ferraz
- At least 14 people have been arrested after police charges
- PSOE and Junts close an investiture agreement
- Treasury inspectors warn that transferring taxes to Catalonia may be unconstitutional
- All associations of judges warn that the agreement “breaks” the separation of powers
- The CEOE calls an emergency meeting due to its “serious concern”
- Díaz Ayuso: “They have snuck a dictatorship through the back door”
- Santiago Abascal: “A black period begins in the history of Spain”
- The investiture of Pedro Sánchez will be on November 15 and 16 in the absence of the pact with the PNV
- The JxCAT bases will vote on the agreement with the PSOE this weekend
- Gamarra assures that the agreement between the PSOE and JxCAT “is based on the inequality of Spaniards before the law
The post first appeared on www.elconfidencial.com