Completely crazy London derby between Tottenham and Chelsea

Im London derby between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea FC (1:4) a completely crazy first half took place. After Spurs took the lead through Dejan Kulusevski (6th), the game experienced several crazy twists and turns, resulting in a total of twelve minutes of stoppage time.

But first things first: Kulusevski put Tottenham in the front early with a deflected shot. As a result, a heated exchange developed with opportunities on both sides. Heung-Min Son’s goal to make it 2-0 was called back for offside (14′). The VAR reviewed and confirmed the decision.

A few minutes later, Tottenham’s Destiny Udogie rushed in with both feet at Raheem Sterling (18′). Referee Michael Oliver showed the yellow card, but the scene was checked for minutes by the video referee. In the end it stayed yellow.

Shortly afterwards, Chelsea scored two goals: the first by Sterling (21′), which was disallowed for a handball – the second by Moisés Caicedo, which was also disallowed for offside (28′).

But before that, Spurs defender Cristian Romero caught his opponent Enzo Fernandez with an open sole on the ankle. Referee Oliver looked at the scene on the screen – and gave Romereo a penalty and a red card (33′). Cole Palmer converted the penalty to make it 1-1 (35th).

Because of the sending off, Tottenham coach Ange Postecoglou was forced to make a change: the 58-year-old brought on Eric Dier for Brennan Johnson (34th).

But things got even worse for Tottenham: Both James Maddison and Micky van de Ven were injured and had to be substituted. In the meantime, a goal from Chelsea’s Nicolas Jackson was also called back (37th). Given all the interruptions, referee Oliver decided on twelve minutes of added time.

After the break, the maximum penalty for Spurs: Udogie, the second star, was sent off (55th). He had fouled Sterling and rightly received the traffic light card.

The game ultimately ended happily for Chelsea: Striker Nicolas Jackson made it 2-1 (75th) after a pass from Sterling. In stoppage time, the 22-year-old scored twice and completed his hat trick (90+4/90+8). Chelsea won 4-1 after nine minutes of added time.

Tottenham had previously equalized with only nine men, but Dier’s goal from a free kick was disallowed for offside (79′).

The post first appeared on

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top