The opening ceremony of the Al-Ahly Club branch in New Cairo began a short time ago, in the presence of Mahmoud Al-Khatib, the club’s president, and members of the board of directors.
Al-Khatib, accompanied by Dr. Ashraf Sobhi, Minister of Youth and Sports, cut the opening ribbon in the presence of a group of ministers and officials.
At the beginning of the ceremony, a documentary film was shown showing the facilities that have been achieved at the club’s headquarters in the island and the Nasr City and Sheikh Zayed branches, up to the big boom in the Fifth Settlement branch.
The opening ceremony was attended by Mr. Al-Qaseer, Minister of Agriculture and New Land Reclamation, Counselor Alaeddin Fouad, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Major General A.H. Walid Aref, Director of the Military Works Department, in addition to members of the club’s board of directors, and a group of officials, various leaders, and members of the press and media.
The Al-Ahly branch in the Fifth Settlement is witnessing a huge boom on the construction and service levels, both with regard to the social building on a 1000-meter flat, which was designed at the latest level, in addition to the locker rooms building, the football academy building, in addition to the basketball, handball and volleyball courts. Which has been completed, with the use of the latest floors approved by international federations, in addition to the quintet courts and two artificial grass courts for the academy, and the “Aqua Park” area for water games in the club and all facilities has been completed.